Friday, February 27, 2009

stated perfectly...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005, Former Pastor of Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis, TN

I'm not a fan of the recent spending bills congress has passed that are in essence taking trillions of dollars away from us and our children. The bailouts are preventing the phenomenon of "the invisible hand" from taking place and they are allowing our economy to be inefficient. Although they are supposedly trying ot fix our economy, I believe government is totally screwing it up. I don't know what else to do with my frustration, so I am posting on my blog.

4 comments:

Cicely said...

I'm glad that you are speaking out. I for one really hope that the plan works and that we can get out of this mess. I trust in Obama and Bob the Builder who says: Can we fix it? Yes, we can!

Can we still be friends and agree to disagree?

Jill said...

I am right there with you, Er.

We had so much fun with you guys today. You are the best and we love you!

Ryan & Keri said...

Congratulations on the birth of your new baby girl! She's beautiful, Erin! And you look amazing as well!

Lauren said...

I'm with you 110%. I am completely against everything that is happening in Washington right now and I think they're a bunch of idiots who love just love spending other people's money and pretending that they know what's best for them. Can someone please explain to me how Mr. Obama and friends knows what's best for me and my family? I loved the quote you posted..it's perfect. So in case you ever get lonely know that you have 2 people in Austria that share your same thoughts and frustrations ;)